Lifeguarding with Administering Emergency Oxygen:
The purpose of this course is to provide entry-level lifeguard participants with the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatics emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until emergency medical services (EMS) personnel take over.
Upon completion of this course participants will receive American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED and Administering Emergency Oxygen which is valid for 2 years.
Approximately 25 hours and 25 minutes
Course times may vary to include breaks
- Attend and participate in all class sessions.
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills and activities.
- Demonstrate competency in all required final rescue skill scenarios.
- Pass the CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid, and Lifeguarding Skills final written exams with minimum grades of 80 percent.
Must be 15 years old by the last scheduled day of the class and be able to pass a swimming pre-test, consisting of:
- Swim 300 yards using a combination of freestyle (with side breathing and a strong kick) and breaststroke with correct coordination and good power.
- Tread water for two minutes, legs only.
- Swim 20 yards freestyle or breaststroke, dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object and return it to the surface, swim back to the starting point supporting that object with both hands while face remains above surface, set the object on the deck, get out of the water without using stairs or ladders within a given time limit of 1:40.
New 2018 Lifeguard Training Class Dates: Plan ahead! Choose from these Lifeguard Training Courses:
Class 1: February 23-25 and March 2-4. Fridays 5:00 pm–8:30 pm. Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 am–3:00 pm.
Class 2: May 25-27 and June 1-3. Fridays 5:00 pm–8:30 pm. Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 am–3:00 pm.
Class 3: July 6-8 and July 13-15. Fridays 5:00 pm–8:30 pm. Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 am–3:00 pm.
Class 4: Sept 7-9 and Sept 14-16. Fridays 5:00 pm–8:30 pm. Saturdays and Sundays 10:00 am–3:00 pm.
In person during pool hours.
Enrollment is limited. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.