All guests of the Mills College Meyer Tennis Center are expected to abide by the following rules of conduct to ensure tennis courtesies are clear, applied fairly and provide an environment for the tennis community to flourish.
- Do not walk behind players whilst a game or a rally is in progress. Wait for players to finish the point, and then quickly cross at the back of the court.
- If a stray ball comes onto your court send it back to the rear of their court so as not to disrupt their play.
- If your ball rolls onto an adjacent court, do not disrupt their play. Wait for them to finish the point, and then ask if you can retrieve your ball.
- All mobile phones and other communication devices should be switched off as these can disrupt play.
- Positive support by guests, including spectators, is welcome and negative behavior will not be tolerated.
- Do not interrupt a teaching court. Teaching courts typically require much verbal interaction and often many balls are used. If you have booked next to a teaching court, you are expected to be patient with these circumstances.
- Pick up your balls and equipment and vacate your court by the expiration of your reservation so as not to intrude upon the court time of the next guest.
- Timers on courts 5 and 6 must be restarted manually prior to going off or it may take 20 minutes for the lights to restart. If you are using lights on court 5 and 6, you are responsible for resetting the timers as necessary for your usage. Please do not disrupt other court users by asking them to reset the timer for you.
- Avoid inappropriate conduct:
- Racket abuse
- Verbal abuse
- Causing danger to other players through your actions.
- Disrupting the play of others
- Discriminatory behavior of any kind
- Mills College is an inclusive educational community committed to treating all individuals fairly and with respect. We aspire to engage in thoughtful acts of civility and social justice, and to understand and respect the richness and the diversity that is Mills. Insensitive actions that demonstrate intolerance, hatred, bigotry, or oppression serve to undermine and diminish all people. Such actions are inconsistent with the values we hold at Mills.
- Please refer to the Friend at Court and follow the ‘code of conduct’ for behavior as prescribed here.